If you have been charged with a motor vehicle infraction and fail to show up to court on the designated day then the judge can issue a warrant for your arrest. Failure to appear for a court date is a rather serious crime and if you are facing this charge you should consider contacting an attorney. Even if you do show up, if you are convicted of a motor vehicle offense your driving privileges may be restricted or taken away from you.
The Consequences Of Motor Vehicle Violations
The legal consequences for convictions of motor vehicle violations can range from minor penalties and fines, but can also incur stiff penalties including jail time or loss of license. Some moving vehicle violations can also cause your auto insurance rates to increase or can result in the cancellation of an insurance policy by your automobile insurance company. And, there are serious consequences if you are found guilty at a hearing after being cited for a motor vehicle violation dealing with an accident.
Losing your license can have a serious impact on your life. Everyday we take for granted our ability to get in a car and drive wherever we want. Almost everyone depends on their driver’s license whether it’s driving to the supermarket to grab some milk, dropping the children off at school, or commuting to work in the morning.
Free Legal Consultation With A Southeastern Massachusetts Experienced Traffic and Motor Vehicle Offense Lawyer
Our motor vehicle offense lawyers have been representing the residents of southeastern Massachusetts for over thirty years. To ensure that your driving privileges are protected, contact the motor vehicle and traffic offense attorneys at The Noonan Defense Firm.
Our attorneys represent clients charged with the following traffic offenses:
- Operating Without a License
- Operating after License Suspension or Revocation
- Operating After License Was Suspended for OUI and OUI After License was Suspended for OUI
- Leaving the Scene of An Accident / Failure to Stop After Causing Personal Injury or Death
- Leaving the Scene of An Accident / Failure to Stop After Causing Property Damage
- Operating So As To Endanger
- Use Without Authority (Joyriding)
- Massachusetts Driver’s License Suspension and Surcharges
- Arson of a Motor Vehicle
- Vehicular Homicide
- Road Racing
- Interfering with an Emergency Vehicle
- Failure to Stop for Police
- Operating an Uninsured Vehicle
Our compassionate and experienced criminal defense attorneys are experienced trial lawyers who aggressively represent those accused of DUI/OUI and other driving offenses, felony crimes, juvenile crimes, and misdemeanor charges in Massachusetts courts.